release of ammonet Gallery CMS v2.0 Visit
the demo of our new gallery CMS, designed for the antiques,
collectibles and art sectors and for anyone who requires
attractive visual display of sale items. No technical skills required. Fast, easy and effective web site design and construction.
here for ammonet Gallery.
recently, websites were maintained mostly by means of local office HTML
editors such as FrontPage and Dreamweaver from which modified web page
files were uploaded to the hosting server. More and more sites are now
based on databases housed remotely on the hosting server. Site
modification and update are carried out via an interface accessed using a
web browser. The Apache server software allows web sites housed on Linux
servers to display URLs (web addresses) that look like static web site
file names, a process know as URL rewrite. These are easier for
search engines to access and more readily grasped by users. The CMS can be
accessed from any PC that has a connection to the internet, independent of
geographical location, making it easy for a group of users or a user on
the move to update a site.
ammonet has developed and hosts a
considerable range of CMS web sites, using both Java and PHP. PHP has the
virtue of simplicity and stability, while Java provides a huge range of
function libraries. Both are open source.
Our simplest systems:
- allow pages to be added, deleted and modified
- images and text can be boxed or not, font colours and page element
backgrounds are easily specified
- popup image / thumbnail combinations are generated automatically.
- image galleries with dozens of popup pictures can be generated at the
click of a button. Image management can be carried out using our free ImageServ
but this is not mandatory.
- enquiry forms that transmit email to the site owner are easily
- email addresses are automatically obfuscated as they are typed into the
text boxes so that they cannot be harvested from the internet by spammers.
- where the site is multilingual, a page layout need be generated once
only, making it easy to enter the translated text into a fully-formatted
most CMS websites, ammonet
sites and their banner images can be set to proportional
in order to change shape to fill the browser window, making efficient
use of space and reducing vertical scrolling. To test
this, open the sites below and grasp your browser window
boundary with the mouse cursor to expand and contract the
window. Fixed width sites are also possible.
excursions and private tours in Tuscany. This site features a
horizontal navigation bar and a clickable photo gallery editable
via the CMS interface. Unlike most of our CMS sites, this one is
more complex systems provide:
- more sophisticated site layout editing.
- customer management databases. Information entered by visitors
making enquiries or purchases is stored for future reference.
- data escrow systems that allow administrators to vet uploaded data
- emails with common content can be send to some or all customers.
All emails sent out are logged and saved.
- shopping carts with inventory management
of Greve in Chianti - a studio specialising in trompe l'oeil painted
furniture and interior decorating. Mouse-over image change above the
navigation bar, complete customer management
zone, news letter emailer, in addition to the CMS.
web site has a password protected members' area where, among other
functions, the members of the Society can access and update their
profiles. These data are synchronised periodically with a
non-server, local members database.