Welcome to the demonstration site of ammonet Gallery, our collectibles display and sales web site content management system (CMS).
This system has been designed specifically for members of the antiquarian, collectible and art trades - for the sale of ceramics, engravings, paintings, coins, antiques, ethnic artifacts, postage stamps, jewellery and all other objects of beauty that are enhanced by attractive visual display.
The navigation links to the left open pages demonstrating the extensive features of our CMS.
The web site you see before you was constructed and is maintained via a simple, browser-based administration tool.
• No knowledge of html or programming is required.
• Pages can be added, edited and deleted by clicking buttons and typing into text fields.
• Within pages, you can add text and image combinations in a variety of proportions, all in real time.
• Images can be uploaded and optimised easily using ammonet Imageserv or directly using your local image files.
• Page layout can be varied simply and consistently, and yet customised to give your web site your own unique look and feel.
• An auto-gallery tool allows you to generate multiple pages of image displays at the click of a button.
• Any email address typed into the site is automatically obfuscated so that it cannot be harvested by spammers.
Explore our sample gallery pages to see what they can do for you.
• Thumbnail images with descriptions and prices allow a fast browse of items on offer.
• Large popup images provide a detailed view of the item for sale.
• Clicking the Buy / Enquire button allows the buyer to make direct contact with you.
• It's simple to add a link to your eBay auction for any specific item - more for eBay sellers.
• No spurious shipping cost calculations - you, as the seller, simply respond to the enquiry email with details of availability, shipping and insurance options, and payment options.
• If you process credit cards in your bricks and mortar shop, your customers can transmit their credit card details to you using the ammonet Secure card data system.
Look at the site layout.
• Note that the page URLs are characteristic of static html pages and can be indexed easily by search engines even though this web site is database-driven.
• The banner that you see at the head of the page is a proportional banner - the component images slide over one another so that your web site neatly fits any browser dimensions. We will be happy to design such a banner according to your wishes.
• In fact, the entire layout is proportional - no more wasteful empty space on your web pages.
• The navigation bar to the left with its main links and sublinks is regenerated automatically whenever you add a new page. Mouse-over and link-selected colours can be customised easily - like all colours on the site.
• Pages do not have to be linked to the navigation bar - you can set up private pages for specific customers.
• You can link from the navigation bar to pages on other web sites. By default, these external pages open in a new window.
For full details on how to manage content using our CMS tool, click the navigation links for Text Formats, Images, Tabulated Display, and Metatags.
To see examples of gallery displays, view the Sales Gallery and Auto Gallery demos, and CMS websites.
Web site promotion
Links from this gallery demo help with the promotion of your independent web site by providing valuable incoming links. Here are some examples:
ProductsChianti wines from Terre di Melazzano.
Post card collectors' desktop database and organiser.
Rare maps, antiquarian maps, antique maps, rare atlases.
Rare books, antiquarian books, out-of-print books, used books.
Livres rares, livre d'occasion, livres anciens, livres illustrés.
Antiquarische Bücher, seltene Ausgaben, vergriffene Bücher, gebrauchte Bücher.
The Importance of a Trusted Brand Reputation Online.
Umbria, ItalyUmbria, Italy.
Tuscany, ItalyValdorcia Val d'Orcia of southern Tuscany, Italy.
Chianti Italy tourist information vacation accommodations.
Bed and Breakfast accommodation in Tuscany.
Villa Bordoni Tuscan boutique hotel and restaurant.
Tuscan wine tours.
Wedding planner in Tuscany.
Tourism in Italy BlogsAnna Maria Baldini.
Tuscany Blog - information about Tuscany.
Tuscany Toscana blog.
Umbria Italy blog.
Travellers' guide to Chianti, Italy. Useful tips for everyone planning a stay in the Chianti area of Tuscany Italy.
What to see in Chianti, Italy.
Sights of interest and things to do near Borgo di Vagli in Tuscany.
Wine Tours in Tuscany - Sergio's blog.
Sergio Ceccherini's scenic tours of Tuscany, Italy.
Nicola Bernini's cultural tours in Tuscany.
ZürichRoom to rent accommodation in Zurich, Switzerland.
Room to rent in Zurich suitable for an intern.